Book Title: Stoicism: A Detailed History of Ancient Wisdom That Will Help You Cure Anxiety (The Happiness and Optimism Guide for a Good Life)
Release Date: 2018-01-07
Author: Abel Gray
- Social Media Marketing: Step by Step Instructions For Advertising Your Business on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and Various Other Platforms
- Crock Pot Express Cookbook: Simple, Healthy, and Delicious Crock Pot Express Multi-Cooker Recipes For Everyone (Crock Pot Express Multi-Cooker Cookbook)
- love confidence respect: How to Deal with “I Don’t Love You”
- Ketogenic Instant Pot Cookbook: Everyday Ketogenic Recipes You’ll Love to Cook with Your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (Ketogenic Diet, Instant Pot Cookbook)
- Princess Diana: The True Life of a Princess
- Accelerated Learning: 2 Manuscripts - Speed Reading: How to Read a Book a Day, Photographic Memory: Simple, Proven Methods to Remembering Anything Faster, ... Better (Accelerated Learning Series 3)
- How To Analyze People: A Complete Guide on How To Analyze People, Emotional Intelligence, Empath and Stoicism - A FOUR Book Bundle (Body Language, Emotions, Philosophy, Empathy)
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 550 Super Delicious, Family Pleasing Instant Pot Recipes. Anyone Can Cook
- Meal Prep: The Complete Meal Prep Cookbook For Beginners: Your Essential Guide To Losing Weight And Saving Time - Delicious, Simple And Healthy Meals To Prep and Go! (Low Carb Meal Prep)
- Electric Smoker Cookbook: The Ultimate Electric Smoker Cookbook – Simple And Delicious Electric Smoker Recipes For Your Whole Family
Stoicism is a school of philosophy that arose during the Hellenist era. It was created by a philosopher named Zeno of Citium in the year 300 BC in the ancient city of Athens. These ideas were quickly adopted by the Cynics as well as by Socrates. It caused controversial arguments among the Academics, Epicureans, and Skeptics. The word “Stoicism” comes from the Greek words Stoa Poikile (the Painted Porch), a large marketplace in the country. It was there that Stoics from different parts of the country met and conducted philosophical teachings. Soon after its creation, Stoicism spread to Rome where it blossomed.
- The First Two Topoi
- History of Stoicism
- Chrysippus' Stoicism
- The Stoic Practices of Marcus Aurelius
- Epictetus' Stoicism
- Modern Stoicism
- The Importance of Stoicism
- Stoic Principles
- Principles for Developing an Unbendable Mind
If you are ready to learn and improve your mindset, this book will provide you with philosophy, history and self-help.
You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations.
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” – Epictetus.
“Let philosophy scrape off your own faults, rather than be a way to rail against the faults of others” – Seneca.
“Often injustice lies in what you aren’t doing, not only in what you are doing.”- Marcus Aurelius.
“Don’t seek for everything to happen as you wish it would, but rather wish that everything happens as it actually will – then your life will flow well.” – Epictetus.