Book Title: The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child: The Modern Age: Audiobook (Vol. 4) (Story of the World) (v. 4)
Publisher: The Well-Trained Mind Press
Author: Susan Wise Bauer
- The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child, Vol. 3: Early Modern Times, 2nd Edition (9 CDs)
- The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child, Volume 2 Audiobook: The Middle Ages: From the Fall of Rome to the Rise of the Renaissance, Revised Edition (9 CDs) (v. 2)
- The story of the world: Ancient times, from the earliest Nomads to the last Roman emperor history for the classical child, Vol. 1 (v. 1)
- The Story of the World Activity Book Four: The Modern Age: From Victoria's Empire to the End of the USSR
- Draw the USA
- The Story of the World Activity Book Three: Early Modern Times
- The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child, Volume 3: Early Modern Times
- Story of the World, Volume 1 Publisher: Peace Hill Press
- My Body (Science Books)
- Draw Write Now Book 5: United States, From Sea to Sea, Moving Forward
History will never be the same again!
This spirited reading of the first in Susan Wise Bauer's Story of the World
history series brings to life the stories and records of the peoples of ancient times.
Now more than ever, other countries and customs affect our everyday lives-and our children need to learn about the people who live all around the globe. Susan Wise Bauer has provided a captivating guide to the history of the ancient world. Written in an engaging, straightforward manner, The Story of the World
weaves world history into a storybook format. This volume covers the major historical events of the years 1850 to the late 1990s, from the reign of England's Queen Victoria to the collapse of the Berlin Wall.
This Story of the World
audiobook is a collaboration between Jim Weiss, whose voice has been described as “liquid gold” (CNN-TV), and Susan Wise Bauer, whose writing has been described as “timeless and intelligent” (Publishers Weekly
). It may be used along with the print books (The Story of the World
Volume 4 Text Book, Activity Book, and Tests; each sold separately), as a supplement to a traditional history curriculum, or independently. Approximately 12 hours on 11 CDs.