Book Title: Your Child's Growing Mind: Brain Development and Learning From Birth to Adolescence
Release Date: 2004-05-25
Author: Jane Healy
- Endangered Minds: Why Children Don't Think And What We Can Do About It
- Ages and Stages: A Parent's Guide to Normal Childhood Development
- It's Not a Bird Yet: The Drama of Drawing
- Already Ready: Nurturing Writers in Preschool and Kindergarten
- Magic Trees of the Mind: How to Nurture Your Child's Intelligence, Creativity, and Healthy Emotions from Birth Through Adolescence
- What Did I Write?: Beginning Writing Behaviour
- The Development of Children and Adolescents: An Applied Perspective
- How the Brain Learns
- Theories of Childhood, Second Edition: An Introduction to Dewey, Montessori, Erikson, Piaget & Vygotsky (NONE)
- The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum, Expanded Edition: A Tool for Assessment, Planning, and Teaching, PreK-8
The classic guide to understanding children’s mental development is now updated and better than ever!
Hailed by parents and educators, Your Child’s Growing Mind
is a window into the fascinating process of brain development and learning. It looks at the roots of emotion, intelligence, and creativity, translating the most current scientific research into practical suggestions for parents and teachers.
Dr. Healy also addresses academic learning, offering countless suggestions for how parents can help without pushing. She explains the building blocks of reading, writing, spelling, and mathematics and shows how to help youngsters of all ages develop motivation, attention, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Using the science of childhood development, she also examines today’s hot issues, including learning disabilities, ADHD, influences of electronic media, and the hazards of forced early learning. From infancy to adolescence, this is the perfect guide to helping and enjoying a youngster’s mental, personal, and academic growth.